Project Reason is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation devoted to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values in society. The foundation draws on the talents of prominent and creative thinkers in a wide range of disciplines to encourage critical thinking and erode the influence of dogmatism, superstition, and bigotry in our world.
1) Home repair/maintenance
2) Discipline and steadyness in my personal life (my hobbies/interests outside of work)
3) Small talk, being a good/interesting conversation party in social situations/large gatherings.
1) Writing, when I put my mind to it (usually only when I have a deadline, unfortunately)
2) Being a good father/husband/friend to close friends
3) Grilling, which is a surpise because I’m otherwise a pretty average cook.
1. Social chit chat
2. Organizing my life (fortunately I have a very efficient wife)
3. losing weight (that damn 10 lbs just doesn’t seem to go)
1. Pattern recognition
2. Long, tedious calculations
3. Generating FUN ideas (but you might want to ask my wife about that, too)
- Getting work done around the house (big or small)
- Car maintenance
- Outdoor pursuits (hiking, camping, fishing, survival). I fish in several bass tournaments a year and do well
- Water Polo (coach and captain of our local team), swimming, triathlon…3 different things but all aquatic related
- Leadership and project management (hope so, it’s my job)